Here is a Consolidated List of Few iPhone Open Source Applications we came across having interesting, useful and commonly used features that can be reused for Developing Enterprise Level iPhone Applications.
- OpenURL helps you launch Maps, SMS, Browser, Phone, and even other applications.
- Learn basic protocols supported natively by the phone.
- What is the IP of your iPhone? You may working with a friend or family member and typically you would have them use IPConfig or website to return the IP, however it isn’t that simple on the iPhone.
- Steps to Building you first iPhone app
Do you know what your reaction time is? Mean RT is approximately 180 to 200 milliseconds to detect visual stimuli.
- Format strings and work with UIAlertView.
- Use NSTimer objects to create timers.
- How to use the random() function.
- This is a simple application with a very cool effect. It allows users to load the Flickr KML file in to Google Maps on the iPhone. This will show push pins on the map for photos that have been recently geotagged on Flickr.
- Learn how to have code run before your application really begins by using the awakeFromNib event.
- Learn more about “Utility Applications” for iPhone with XCode.
- Learn how to call Google Maps from your application.
- This is a simple application with a very cool effect. It renders a dynamic snow shower with a single flake image.
- Call use animations in your application.
- Timer and random number generator.
- Quartz animations.
Where Am I!
Most of us know where we are at any given moment. But few of us know our exact longitude, latitude, and altitude.
- GPS access to longitude, latitude and altitude.
- Event delegates.
- “Utility Applications” for iPhone with XCode.
- Are your walls straight in your house? A plumb-bob or a plummet is a weight with a pointed tip on the bottom that is suspended from a string and used as a vertical reference line.
- Basics of using the Accelerometer.
- Use of UIImage, UIImageViews, and Rotation Transforms
- Enjoy everyone’s favorite mobile search engine without the Navigation bar and the toolbar.
- How to embed resources into a UIWebView (very useful for embedded help files).
- Enable user interaction.
- Navigate to a mobile web site.
- Rain, rain, go away, will it come back another day? ZipWeather allows you to look up weather conditions by ZIP Code.
- Basics of downloading data with NSURLConnection.p
- More use of the UIWeb View.
- World Tour is an iPhone application that will help you keep track of when the iPhone Tech Talk World Tour is coming to town.
- How to use opacity with images.
- Use of rotation transformations.
- Create “animation wallpaper” and tile images.
- Homeland Security Advisory System is an iPhone application that will alert you to US Department of Homeland Security Advisories.
- Basics of downloading data with NSURLConnection.
- Wondering why your ears are popping? Mobile Altimeter allows you to track your altitude.
GPS access to altitude information.
- LavaFlow is an iPhone application that plays a seamless looping video. This creates an entertaining “screen saver” like effect.
- Use of MPMoviePlayerController.
- More about “Utility Applications” for iPhone with XCode.
- How to loop a video
iPhone face detection Application
A MobileMe web scraper that exposes Apple’s Find My iPhone service to the command line. This allows you to programmatically retrieve your phone’s current location and push messages (and an optional alarm) to the remote device.
This project shows the kind of data a rogue iPhone application can collect.
WordPress for iPhone
- Star Rating components for iPhone like in AppStore or Youtube
- Add a photo, video or contact to Movers table?
- Then slide it off the edge of the screen with a flick.
- Mover will transfer it to an iPhone near you, connected via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
NatsuLiphone is a simple Twitter client for iPhone/iPod touch.
It’s based on NatsuLion for Mac OSX.
Its goals are the follows:
- Easy to use for Twitter light users
- Handy for mobile usage
- Sync your google reader items with your iPhone for offline viewin
App Sales Mobile allows iPhone developers to download and analyze their daily and weekly sales reports from iTunes Connect
HP Calculator Emulator for the iPhone
HP Calculator Emulator for the iPhone
ZXing :Multi-format 1D/2D barcode image processing library with clients for Android, Java
ZXing (pronounced “zebra crossing”) is an open-source, multi-format 1D/2D barcode image processing library implemented in Java. Our focus is on using the built-in camera on mobile phones to photograph and decode barcodes on the device, without communicating with a server. We currently have production-quality support for:
- UPC-A and UPC-E
- EAN-8 and EAN-13
- Code 39
- Code 128
- QR Code
- Data Matrix (‘alpha’ quality)
- PDF 417 (‘alpha’ quality)
TouchCode – JSON, XML parsers and more for iPhone
- TouchCode is a repository of iPhone and iPod Touch source code, including TouchJSON, TouchXML and more:
- TouchJSON is parser and generator for JSON implemented in Objective C.
- TouchXML is a lightweight replacement for Cocoa NSXML cluster of classes. It is based on the commonly available Open Source libxml2 library.
- TouchHTTPD is a Cocoa HTTP server designed to be embedded in Cocoa applications.
Text-to-Speech (TTS) C libraries for iPhone
Iwebkit is the revolutionnairy kit used to create high quality iPhone and iPod touch websites in a few minutes and is based on an LGPL license. In the first 4 months of it’s existance the pack has greatly evolved from a basic idea to a project that has reached worldwide fame!
iWebKit is a file package designed to help you create your own iPhone and iPod Touch compatible website or webapp. The kit is accessible to anyone even people without any html knowledge and is simple to understand thanks to the included tutorials. In a couple of minutes you will have created a full and profesional looking website.
Hope some of them Help..!!
Keep peeping for new additions on the list!!